Goa blasts: ‘Frame charges against Sanatan Sanstha’
Panaji: Almost nine months after Margao
blast, the local court today ordered framing of charges
against four activists of Sanatan Sanstha.
Two people had died on the spot after the conspiracy
to have serial blasts in the state went awry on Diwali eve
District and Sessions court in Margao today ordered
that the charges be framed against Vinay Talekar, Vinayak
Patil, Dhananjay Ashtekar and Dilip Mangaonkar, all arrested
in connection with the blast.
All the accused are linked to Sanatan Sanstha. Five
more accused in the blast conspiracy are absconding.
Goa Police`s special cell had initially investigated
the case which was later handed over to National investigation
The court has ordered that the charges be framed under
sections 121 (A), 122, 123, 427 of Indian Penal Code read with
16, 17, 18, 23 of unlawful activities (prevention) act and 3,4
and 5 of Explosive Substance Act.
Criminal conspiracy (Section 120-B) and waging war
against the nation (Section 121).
NIA chargesheet mentions that 250 witnesses were
examined during the investigation of the case. During the arguments, the prosecutor also claimed that
Mumbai police had arrested one Sadaqat following the blasts
in Delhi and he allegedly revealed how Riyaz, Iqbal Bhatkal,
Amir Raza and Dr Shahnawaz, all absconding, conspired to carry
out explosions at Delhi, Ahmedabad and Surat in 2008.
The prosecutor had yesterday also tried to establish a
link between SIMI and IM by reading out a confessional
statement of Jamaluddin Nasir, an accused in 2002 American
Centre attack case, recorded by a judicial magistrate in
The prosecutor had claimed IM was managed and run by
those having direct links with SIMI.
He alleged the accused, who faced trial in the American
Centre attack case, were closely connected with Amir Raza Khan
now stationed in Pakistan.
The court is hearing arguments on the charges to be
framed against 14 accused arrested so far in the five cases
registered in connection with the serial blasts here.
The proceedings in the matter are conducted through video
conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged at Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad.
All the accused have been chargesheeted under various
provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof