Goa blasts: ‘Frame charges against Sanatan Sanstha’
Panaji: Almost nine months after Margao
blast, the local court today ordered framing of charges
against four activists of Sanatan Sanstha.
Two people had died on the spot after the conspiracy
to have serial blasts in the state went awry on Diwali eve
District and Sessions court in Margao today ordered
that the charges be framed against Vinay Talekar, Vinayak
Patil, Dhananjay Ashtekar and Dilip Mangaonkar, all arrested
in connection with the blast.
All the accused are linked to Sanatan Sanstha. Five
more accused in the blast conspiracy are absconding.
Goa Police`s special cell had initially investigated
the case which was later handed over to National investigation
The court has ordered that the charges be framed under
sections 121 (A), 122, 123, 427 of Indian Penal Code read with
16, 17, 18, 23 of unlawful activities (prevention) act and 3,4
and 5 of Explosive Substance Act.
Criminal conspiracy (Section 120-B) and waging war
against the nation (Section 121).
NIA chargesheet mentions that 250 witnesses were
examined during the investigation of the case. During the arguments, the prosecutor also claimed that
Mumbai police had arrested one Sadaqat following the blasts
in Delhi and he allegedly revealed how Riyaz, Iqbal Bhatkal,
Amir Raza and Dr Shahnawaz, all absconding, conspired to carry
out explosions at Delhi, Ahmedabad and Surat in 2008.
The prosecutor had yesterday also tried to establish a
link between SIMI and IM by reading out a confessional
statement of Jamaluddin Nasir, an accused in 2002 American
Centre attack case, recorded by a judicial magistrate in
The prosecutor had claimed IM was managed and run by
those having direct links with SIMI.
He alleged the accused, who faced trial in the American
Centre attack case, were closely connected with Amir Raza Khan
now stationed in Pakistan.
The court is hearing arguments on the charges to be
framed against 14 accused arrested so far in the five cases
registered in connection with the serial blasts here.
The proceedings in the matter are conducted through video
conferencing as 11 out of 14 accused are lodged at Sabarmati
Jail in Ahmedabad.
All the accused have been chargesheeted under various
provisions of the IPC, the Unlawful Activities (Prevention)
Act and the Explosive Substances Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’