Goa Building collapse: GHRC asks state to submit report
Panaji: The Goa Human Rights Commission (GHRC) on Tuesday asked the state Chief Secretary to submit a report on Canacona building mishap that killed 17 workers, official sources said here on Tuesday.
The commission in its notice has asked the Chief Secretary to submit its report by February 6.
The notice was issued taking suo moto cognisance of the mishap in which 17 people died and several others are still lying in the debris, the sources said.
A five-storey building at Canacona collapsed on Saturday. According to rescuers, over a dozen people are still feared trapped in the debris.
Police have arrested Deputy Town Planner Prakash Bandodkar while a case is booked against municipal engineer and three persons related to the construction firm.
The building which collapsed was among three other structures which was granted occupancy certificate (OC) by local authorities without obtaining Structural Stability Certificate on December 26 last year, days before it collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH