Goa building collapse kills 14; hunt on for builder, contractor
Zee Media Bureau
Canacona: The death toll in the Goa building collapse increased to 14 with several people still trapped under the rubble on Sunday even as police has launched a manhunt for the accused builder and contractor of the building.
An FIR against builder Vishwas Desai and contractor Jaideep Saigal was registered with Cancona Police for allegedly endangering human life, causing death and negligence following the collapse.
The tragic incident took place yesterday when an under-construction building, Ruby Residency, collapsed burying around 50 persons working at the site.
Apart from the police and fire department officials, Army was called to carry out the relief and rescue operation. The rescue operation continued overnight and several people were rescued.
The construction work at the building was being carried out by a Navi Mumbai-based real estate development firm, Bharat Developers and Realtors Pvt Ltd.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said that guilty will not be spared and is monitoring the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video