Goa cabinet expansion on April 8
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that the state cabinet would be expanded on Sunday with the induction of seven more ministers.
The swearing-in ceremony would be held at Raj Bhavan, he said but refused to divulge the names.
"I will not disclose anything at this moment. I have decided the names but I need to consult my colleagues," Parrikar told reporters here.
He also added that there were no differences within the ruling alliance over the expansion.
Five ministers took oath of office alongwith Parrikar on March 9. However, Forest, Environment and Tourism Minister Matanhy Saldanha died subsequently.
The ruling alliance comprises BJP, Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party and two independents. MGP has got one berth already, and sources said that another MGP legislator, Dipak Dhavalikar, would be inducted now.
The first meeting of the expanded cabinet will take place on Wednesday, Parrikar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened