Goa cabinet expansion on April 8
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that the state cabinet would be expanded on Sunday with the induction of seven more ministers.
The swearing-in ceremony would be held at Raj Bhavan, he said but refused to divulge the names.
"I will not disclose anything at this moment. I have decided the names but I need to consult my colleagues," Parrikar told reporters here.
He also added that there were no differences within the ruling alliance over the expansion.
Five ministers took oath of office alongwith Parrikar on March 9. However, Forest, Environment and Tourism Minister Matanhy Saldanha died subsequently.
The ruling alliance comprises BJP, Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party and two independents. MGP has got one berth already, and sources said that another MGP legislator, Dipak Dhavalikar, would be inducted now.
The first meeting of the expanded cabinet will take place on Wednesday, Parrikar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know