Goa cabinet expansion on April 8
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Thursday said that the state cabinet would be expanded on Sunday with the induction of seven more ministers.
The swearing-in ceremony would be held at Raj Bhavan, he said but refused to divulge the names.
"I will not disclose anything at this moment. I have decided the names but I need to consult my colleagues," Parrikar told reporters here.
He also added that there were no differences within the ruling alliance over the expansion.
Five ministers took oath of office alongwith Parrikar on March 9. However, Forest, Environment and Tourism Minister Matanhy Saldanha died subsequently.
The ruling alliance comprises BJP, Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party and two independents. MGP has got one berth already, and sources said that another MGP legislator, Dipak Dhavalikar, would be inducted now.
The first meeting of the expanded cabinet will take place on Wednesday, Parrikar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’