Goa cabinet reshuffle on cards, CM begins audit
Panaji: The Goa Cabinet reshuffle is likely within a month as Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has started the audit of the performance of his ministers and their respective departments.
The audit also includes trouble shooting for various ministries that are busy solving the problems inherited by the erstwhile Congress-led government, Parrikar said.
"Once this exercise is over, I will fulfil my promise of giving one additional portfolio each to the ministers," he said.
"The reshuffle of the portfolios is also possible," he said responding to a question.
After his government came to power in March last year, Parrikar had allotted two portfolios each to his eleven ministers. He had then promised to allot one more portfolio each within six months, after evaluating the performance of the ministers.
"I am reasonably happy with the performance of the ministers. I know that they also face an upheaval task like me in handling the portfolios as we have to clear the mess created by former Congress-led government," he said.
The ministers often used to refer files to him when they were new, but now the referrals have decreased, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan