Goa: Casino vessel owned by Kanda to be auctioned
Panaji: The casino vessel owned by former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s company, would be auctioned by the Goa government if it is not shifted soon from the Mandovi river here, as its licence has expired,
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the Legislative Assembly today.
M V Leela, owned by Golden Globe Hotels Pvt Ltd, would be taken over by the state government as an abandoned ship, the House was told.
"We will attach the ship under Tourism Act and would auction it as the licence has already expired," Parrikar said.
The BJP-led government has already withdrawn the powers to transfer the casino vessel from one company to another.
"Even if the ship is sold to another company, the state government will not give a casino licence to it," he added.
The CM said that the licences of two out of total six casinos (one including that of Kanda) in the state have lapsed as they have not paid the fee.
"We are not replacing these two casinos. That means the number of casinos in the state would be restricted only to four," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH