Goa casinos running on black money: Pacheco
Panaji: Goa`s former Tourism Minister Fransisco Miccky Pacheco has alleged that off shore casinos were sheltering hawala rackets in the state.
"Money is transacted in these casinos through hawala. The black money is pumped in through these gambling dens as there is no control of government over them," Pacheco told reporters yesterday.
The Goa Vikas Party legislator said that he had discussed this issue with Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar as it is of serious concern.
Goa has five off shore casinos operating in Panaji.
Pacheco alleged that state government has absolutely no control over the functioning of these casinos, which siphon off the money looting the state exchequer.
The legislator claimed that the casino operators fudge the number of visitors and evade the entry fee, which is payable to the state government.
"Similar is the case with the entertainment tax. They show doctored records so that they have to pay only 20 per cent of the actual tax," Pacheco alleged.
The legislator claimed that the off shore casino operators have cheated the government of thousands of crores of rupees.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know