Goa celebrating Liberation Day today
Panaji: The state of Goa is celebrating its Liberation Day on Thursday.
It was on December 19, 1961, that Goa was liberated from the Portuguese rule after a prolonged freedom struggle and military operation.
It was granted statehood in 1987 and went ahead to become one of the richest and highest per capita income states of the country.
The main function will be held at the Parade Grounds in Panaji.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar will unfurl the national flag, and preside over a review parade. He will also address the people of the state.
Nineteen freedom fighters will also be honored on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference