Goa CM accuses Home Min of leaking correspondence
Panaji: After accusing Union Home Ministry of taking unilateral decisions over posting of IPS officers, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday stepped up his attack, alleging it was leaking to the media confidential correspondence between him and the Centre.
Parrikar said he will be writing a letter to the Prime Minister and Home Minister informing them about the decisions taken while keeping the state government in dark.
He also renewed his threat that Goa will have to move towards forming its own state civil services cadre if there is no solution to the tussle between the Centre and the State.
"I had written a letter to the Union Home Ministry on the issue of appointment of Indian Police Services (IPS) officers. Surprisingly, the letter was shown on the national media. This clearly indicates that the Home Ministry is leaking the correspondence," Parrikar told reporters here.
On May 28, the Chief Minister had sought an apology from the Union Home Ministry for appointing IPS officers to Goa without taking the state government into confidence.
Parrikar was apparently upset after Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav was transferred out of Goa without consulting the state government.
He has refused to relieve Yadav, who, he claimed was a good officer.
"If they rectify the mistake, it`s fine. But if they don`t, then Goa will have to move towards forming its own state cadre," he said, adding that the Chief Secretary has already been asked to move the file for state cadre.
Goa, which was under AGMU (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories) cadre, continues to follow the practice even 25 years after attaining statehood.
Parrikar said he has began leaving correspondence non-grata, which means that he is not taking any decision on the letters written by the Union Home Ministry.
"Union Home Ministry should regret for their act. I won`t say that they should apologise, because apology is a harsh word," the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Sky is the limit for investments in India: Arun Jaitley
- Like seriously! Kanye West lying naked along with other 11 personalities in his 'Famous' video - Watch
- Why hot climate fuels aggression, violence
- Dinosaur-era bugs knew how to camouflage
- Mumbai school refuses admission to boy, judge offers to pay fees