Goa CM accuses Home Min of leaking correspondence
Panaji: After accusing Union Home Ministry of taking unilateral decisions over posting of IPS officers, Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Wednesday stepped up his attack, alleging it was leaking to the media confidential correspondence between him and the Centre.
Parrikar said he will be writing a letter to the Prime Minister and Home Minister informing them about the decisions taken while keeping the state government in dark.
He also renewed his threat that Goa will have to move towards forming its own state civil services cadre if there is no solution to the tussle between the Centre and the State.
"I had written a letter to the Union Home Ministry on the issue of appointment of Indian Police Services (IPS) officers. Surprisingly, the letter was shown on the national media. This clearly indicates that the Home Ministry is leaking the correspondence," Parrikar told reporters here.
On May 28, the Chief Minister had sought an apology from the Union Home Ministry for appointing IPS officers to Goa without taking the state government into confidence.
Parrikar was apparently upset after Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav was transferred out of Goa without consulting the state government.
He has refused to relieve Yadav, who, he claimed was a good officer.
"If they rectify the mistake, it`s fine. But if they don`t, then Goa will have to move towards forming its own state cadre," he said, adding that the Chief Secretary has already been asked to move the file for state cadre.
Goa, which was under AGMU (Arunachal Pradesh, Goa, Mizoram and Union Territories) cadre, continues to follow the practice even 25 years after attaining statehood.
Parrikar said he has began leaving correspondence non-grata, which means that he is not taking any decision on the letters written by the Union Home Ministry.
"Union Home Ministry should regret for their act. I won`t say that they should apologise, because apology is a harsh word," the Chief Minister added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed