Goa CM asks police to probe Margao blast case from all angles
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digamber Kamat
on Wednesday said he has asked police to probe all the possible
angles in Margao blast case including an attempt on his own
"Police will probe the blast from all the angles
including attempt on my life. It is a fact that I was present
on the stage in close distance from the blast where I was
attending the function along with BJP MLA Damodar Naik and
5,000 others," Kamat said replying to a question.
The Congress earlier had demanded that police should
also probe whether the October 16 Margao blast was an attempt
on the life of the Chief Minister.
Kamat said Goa police is taking help of various agencies
including their Maharashtra and Karnataka counterparts to
probe the blast.
The Chief Minister, who briefed the press after attending
the state Cabinet, said that the Cabinet was of the opinion
that the blast case should be handled by police in a
professional manner. "If required, they should take help from
other counterparts to go to the root of the case," he said.
The blast on Diwali eve had killed two accused, who were
reportedly carrying the explosives on a scooter, which
exploded in a busy lane of Margao town. Police had diffused
three more bombs, two in Margao and one at 20 kms away in
Sancoale village, within half-an-hour duration.
Responding to the question on state`s delay to form
anti-terrorist squad, Kamat said the state government is
exploring the possibility of forming an ATS. "We need to study
certain aspects like staff and other requirements for the
squad," he said.
Later, addressing a press conference, Superintendent of
Police Atmaram Deshpande said that the state police have
submitted a proposal to the government in December last year.
"Special cell is a specialized agency and no doubt it
would have helped us. But currently, SIT is formed which is
doing an excellent job," the SP said replying to a question.
He conceded that the death of second accused in the
Margao blast case was `a sort of setback to the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof