Goa CM involved in `fixing` over illegal mining: Pacheco
Panaji: A legislator in Goa has accused chief minister Manohar Parrikar of being involved in the "match-fixing" over the illegal mining issue in the state.
"Parrikar looks like he is involved in the match fixing over the illegal mining issue, as he has not punished people involved in the illegalities," Goa Vikas Party legislator Miccky Pacheco told reporters.
Pacheco has also objected to the appointment of former chief minister Digambar Kamat on the state legislative assembly`s public accounts committee on mining.
"Kamat, who is responsible for illegal mining, has been heading the committee which will investigate into the mining issue. What sense does this make?," he questioned.
Kamat, former Goa chief minister, has been indicted in the Justice M B Shah commission report, which was recently tabled on the floor of the Parliament.
Pacheco said his party was not against legal mining in the state. "We have demanded in the past and still continue to demand that legal mining should start in the state," he said.
The extraction and transportation of iron ore mining in Goa has been halted by the Supreme Court pending inquiry report by the Centrally Empowered Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today