Goa CM involved in `fixing` over illegal mining: Pacheco
Panaji: A legislator in Goa has accused chief minister Manohar Parrikar of being involved in the "match-fixing" over the illegal mining issue in the state.
"Parrikar looks like he is involved in the match fixing over the illegal mining issue, as he has not punished people involved in the illegalities," Goa Vikas Party legislator Miccky Pacheco told reporters.
Pacheco has also objected to the appointment of former chief minister Digambar Kamat on the state legislative assembly`s public accounts committee on mining.
"Kamat, who is responsible for illegal mining, has been heading the committee which will investigate into the mining issue. What sense does this make?," he questioned.
Kamat, former Goa chief minister, has been indicted in the Justice M B Shah commission report, which was recently tabled on the floor of the Parliament.
Pacheco said his party was not against legal mining in the state. "We have demanded in the past and still continue to demand that legal mining should start in the state," he said.
The extraction and transportation of iron ore mining in Goa has been halted by the Supreme Court pending inquiry report by the Centrally Empowered Committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday