Goa CM masterminded attack on my husband: MLA`s wife
Panaji: An attack on a BJP legislator by his own party cadre for patronising a cultural event organised by a rival party has been blamed on Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar.
Aruna, wife of assaulted legislator Vishnu Wagh, has accused Parrikar and BJP organising secretary Satish Dhond of giving out a `supari` (contract) to have her husband attacked at a public meeting Monday.
The Bhratiya Janata Party said the allegation was "irresponsible".
"(Police) should take my words on record that Parrikar and Dhond gave a `supari` to (BJP legislator Kiran) Kandolkar to attack Vishnu," she told a public rally in Wagh`s St. Andre legislative constituency.
Kandolkar has denied the accuasation.
On Thursday, Wagh was attacked by nearly 50 people, allegedly BJP workers who were supporters of Kandolkar.
An independent legislator Vijai Sardesai, who was also returning from the same cultural programme organised by a Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) functionary, had to brandish his gun to escape the mob.
Wagh escaped with minor injuries but his car was smashed with stones and metal rods by the mob.
"They were workers from my party who were angry that I attended a cultural event... I have every right to attend a cultural event which has no political colour," Wagh told a news agency after naming 10 people in his first information report.
A Kamu Halarnkar has been arrested in connection with the assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them