Goa CM Parrikar decides to have minimum security
Panaji: On the first day in the office, Goa
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday asked the police to
review the security provided to all the VIPs, and said he
himself would have only a minimal security cover.
He told PTI that he would travel with a single personal
security officer (PSO), and use an escort car only if required
genuinely. "I need not be afraid of anyone in my own state. I
don`t know why previous Chief Ministers used to have so many
securitymen," he said.
The new CM also said that he would not have any security
at his private residence in Mapusa town.
Within hours of taking the charge, Parrikar ordered
security review of all VIPs including former Chief Ministers
"Security review is applicable even for current Chief
Minister and ministers," he said, reading the notings of the
first cabinet meeting.
Parrikar, as opposition leader, had questioned in the
assembly the excessive security provided to the ministers in
the Digambar Kamat government. It was also alleged that
policemen were being used for minister`s personal chores such
ferrying kids to and from the school.
Parrikar also said that the cabinet today decided to ask
Goa Sadan, a state government-run body in New Delhi, to follow
up the progress of Goa Lokayukta Bill.
"The bill was sent to Governor on January 21 and
thereafter referred to Centre (for President`s assent)," he
The BJP-led government has also decided to fulfil its
promise of plastic garbage-free highways. "PWD has been asked
to submit a report on how they will clean up and collect the
garbage and what would be the dumping site," he said.
The government today also decided to re-nominate heads of
all the state-run corporations by replacing Congress-led
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Brazilian research proves Aedes aegypti mosquito as source of Zika virus!
- 'Nokia could cut 10,000-15,000 jobs worldwide'
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja