Goa CM Parrikar greets people on Bakr-i-Eid
Panaji: The Bakr-i-Eid should inspire us to surrender our selfish motives in the larger interest of the country, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Tuesday.
"Let us today remind ourselves of the spirit of sacrifice in the cause of goodness that alone can lead to peace and harmony. May this unique festival inspire us to sacrifice our selfish interests in the larger interest of the country as a whole," said Parrikar in a message.
He said the festival epitomises values of "sacrifice, trust and forgiveness".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Christians should ask gay community for forgiveness for past treatment: Pope Francis
- Can you SPOT Aamir Khan in this picture? SEE inside
- 7th Pay Commission: Non-performing govt employees to not get annual increment
- Tri-Nation series final: Mitchell Marsh, Josh Hazlewood guide Australia to 58-run win over West Indies
- History on line as Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer get Wimbledon under way