Goa CM Parrikar greets people on Bakr-i-Eid
Panaji: The Bakr-i-Eid should inspire us to surrender our selfish motives in the larger interest of the country, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said Tuesday.
"Let us today remind ourselves of the spirit of sacrifice in the cause of goodness that alone can lead to peace and harmony. May this unique festival inspire us to sacrifice our selfish interests in the larger interest of the country as a whole," said Parrikar in a message.
He said the festival epitomises values of "sacrifice, trust and forgiveness".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation