Goa CM says Home Ministry should "behave"
Panaji: Taking exception to appointments of IPS officers in Goa by the Union Home Ministry, State Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said he will continue to refuse postings to them until the Ministry "behaves properly."
"Why should I go by their letters? They should at least indicate that this will not happen again," said Parrikar, who had in the past also opposed the Ministry`s unilateral decisions to transfer IPS officers to Goa.
The Chief Minister said that states have given powers to the Union (home ministry) but they should "behave properly".
"Unless they behave properly why should I listen to them," he said.
In a latest development, Parrikar has refused posting to IPS officer I B Rani, who was transferred here to replace Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav.
Rani has proceeded on leave since then after Goa government refused to assign her the posting.
Parrikar said Goa will not tolerate any `high-handedness` of the Union Home ministry as the state was not taken into confidence on the issue.
"If they resort to `dadagiri` (bullying) then I won`t accept it," he added.
The CM has been on loggerheads with the Home Ministry over such transfers. The police officers are transferred to Goa as the state is under AGMU cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16