Goa CM says Home Ministry should "behave"
Panaji: Taking exception to appointments of IPS officers in Goa by the Union Home Ministry, State Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday said he will continue to refuse postings to them until the Ministry "behaves properly."
"Why should I go by their letters? They should at least indicate that this will not happen again," said Parrikar, who had in the past also opposed the Ministry`s unilateral decisions to transfer IPS officers to Goa.
The Chief Minister said that states have given powers to the Union (home ministry) but they should "behave properly".
"Unless they behave properly why should I listen to them," he said.
In a latest development, Parrikar has refused posting to IPS officer I B Rani, who was transferred here to replace Deputy Inspector General Ravindra Yadav.
Rani has proceeded on leave since then after Goa government refused to assign her the posting.
Parrikar said Goa will not tolerate any `high-handedness` of the Union Home ministry as the state was not taken into confidence on the issue.
"If they resort to `dadagiri` (bullying) then I won`t accept it," he added.
The CM has been on loggerheads with the Home Ministry over such transfers. The police officers are transferred to Goa as the state is under AGMU cadre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened