Goa CM seeks details about suspension of ‘alert’ C
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has sought details about suspension of a Constable, who was reportedly punished for asking a Delhi journalist to show his identity card when he was found walking on a beach near here at midnight.
The Constable questioned the journalist, who is in his mid-50s, when he spotted him with a young girl on Miramar beach at midnight last week and asked him to show his ID. The Constable was off-duty and reportedly informed Police Control Room (PCR) about the couple.
"I have read media reports which claimed that he was suspended for asking ID proof of a journalist. I will seek details about the suspension," Parrikar, who also holds the Home portfolio, said today.
He said the policeman can petition him if he thinks injustice has been done to him.
The media reports claimed the Delhi-based scribe had called up a top bureaucrat of Goa after the incident. The bureaucrat, in turn, asked a senior police officer to suspend the Constable.
Sources close to the Constable said he was only following the State Government`s advice to policemen that they should be vigilant even if they are off-duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic