Goa CM seeks details about suspension of ‘alert’ C
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has sought details about suspension of a Constable, who was reportedly punished for asking a Delhi journalist to show his identity card when he was found walking on a beach near here at midnight.
The Constable questioned the journalist, who is in his mid-50s, when he spotted him with a young girl on Miramar beach at midnight last week and asked him to show his ID. The Constable was off-duty and reportedly informed Police Control Room (PCR) about the couple.
"I have read media reports which claimed that he was suspended for asking ID proof of a journalist. I will seek details about the suspension," Parrikar, who also holds the Home portfolio, said today.
He said the policeman can petition him if he thinks injustice has been done to him.
The media reports claimed the Delhi-based scribe had called up a top bureaucrat of Goa after the incident. The bureaucrat, in turn, asked a senior police officer to suspend the Constable.
Sources close to the Constable said he was only following the State Government`s advice to policemen that they should be vigilant even if they are off-duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?