Goa CM seeks details about suspension of ‘alert’ C
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar has sought details about suspension of a Constable, who was reportedly punished for asking a Delhi journalist to show his identity card when he was found walking on a beach near here at midnight.
The Constable questioned the journalist, who is in his mid-50s, when he spotted him with a young girl on Miramar beach at midnight last week and asked him to show his ID. The Constable was off-duty and reportedly informed Police Control Room (PCR) about the couple.
"I have read media reports which claimed that he was suspended for asking ID proof of a journalist. I will seek details about the suspension," Parrikar, who also holds the Home portfolio, said today.
He said the policeman can petition him if he thinks injustice has been done to him.
The media reports claimed the Delhi-based scribe had called up a top bureaucrat of Goa after the incident. The bureaucrat, in turn, asked a senior police officer to suspend the Constable.
Sources close to the Constable said he was only following the State Government`s advice to policemen that they should be vigilant even if they are off-duty.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical