Goa CM`s convoy meets with accident; three cops injured
Panaji: Three policemen were injured when Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar`s convoy met with an accident here, police said on Wednesday.
The Chief Minister was safe in the incident that took place late last night.
According to police, the accident happened as one private vehicle entered a no-entry zone and hit the pilot jeep of the convoy under the twin Mandovi bridges here.
Police Inspector Rajendra Prabhudesai said that the accident occurred at 11.35 PM, in which three policemen, including a driver of pilot vehicle, were injured.
The three injured-- police pilot jeep driver Gajanan Shirodkar, head constable Umakant Dhavaskar and wireless operator Dyaneshwar Palyekar were admitted to Goa Medical College and Hospital and were later discharged.
Police stated that Parrikar was in the second vehicle followed by an escort car, when the incident took place.
"The private jeep came from the opposite direction in no-entry zone and was about to hit the chief minister`s car when the pilot car took the hit on itself," police officials said today.
Police have booked an offence against Pedru Antonio Ferrao, a resident of Calangute for rash and negligent driving.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet