Goa college cancels two papers after MBBS exam leak
Panaji: The Goa Medical College (GMC) has ordered a probe after two MBBS question papers were leaked prior to the exams, forcing their cancellation.
Speaking to a news agency on Monday, GMC dean VN Jindal said the report on the leakage of the Medicine paper I and II for the 100-odd third year students submitted to his office within 48 hours.
"This is a very serious matter. The papers have been cancelled. I am also meeting the Goa University vice chancellor in connection with the leakage," Jindal said. He also said there was no possibility of all the papers leaking to the students.
"The Medicine I paper was scheduled yesterday (Sunday). The Medicine II paper was scheduled today (Monday)," Jindal said, adding that the third year MBBS written examinations spread over seven subjects.
He also said that the papers would be reset and the examinations re-conducted.
Jindal said that 14 question sets were randomly prepared out of which three were submitted to the Goa University, as a matter of protocol.
"Out of the set of three, one set is randomly selected and sent back to the dean`s office. The same set is then sent to the chief examination supervisor one hour before the exams," a GMC official said.
"We cannot take any immediate decisions, because more than one institution is involved in the examination process," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE