Goa college cancels two papers after MBBS exam leak
Panaji: The Goa Medical College (GMC) has ordered a probe after two MBBS question papers were leaked prior to the exams, forcing their cancellation.
Speaking to a news agency on Monday, GMC dean VN Jindal said the report on the leakage of the Medicine paper I and II for the 100-odd third year students submitted to his office within 48 hours.
"This is a very serious matter. The papers have been cancelled. I am also meeting the Goa University vice chancellor in connection with the leakage," Jindal said. He also said there was no possibility of all the papers leaking to the students.
"The Medicine I paper was scheduled yesterday (Sunday). The Medicine II paper was scheduled today (Monday)," Jindal said, adding that the third year MBBS written examinations spread over seven subjects.
He also said that the papers would be reset and the examinations re-conducted.
Jindal said that 14 question sets were randomly prepared out of which three were submitted to the Goa University, as a matter of protocol.
"Out of the set of three, one set is randomly selected and sent back to the dean`s office. The same set is then sent to the chief examination supervisor one hour before the exams," a GMC official said.
"We cannot take any immediate decisions, because more than one institution is involved in the examination process," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks
- Biopic should be made on PT Usha, says Sonam Kapoor