Goa college cancels two papers after MBBS exam leak
Panaji: The Goa Medical College (GMC) has ordered a probe after two MBBS question papers were leaked prior to the exams, forcing their cancellation.
Speaking to a news agency on Monday, GMC dean VN Jindal said the report on the leakage of the Medicine paper I and II for the 100-odd third year students submitted to his office within 48 hours.
"This is a very serious matter. The papers have been cancelled. I am also meeting the Goa University vice chancellor in connection with the leakage," Jindal said. He also said there was no possibility of all the papers leaking to the students.
"The Medicine I paper was scheduled yesterday (Sunday). The Medicine II paper was scheduled today (Monday)," Jindal said, adding that the third year MBBS written examinations spread over seven subjects.
He also said that the papers would be reset and the examinations re-conducted.
Jindal said that 14 question sets were randomly prepared out of which three were submitted to the Goa University, as a matter of protocol.
"Out of the set of three, one set is randomly selected and sent back to the dean`s office. The same set is then sent to the chief examination supervisor one hour before the exams," a GMC official said.
"We cannot take any immediate decisions, because more than one institution is involved in the examination process," Jindal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3