Goa college files complaint after forged letters surface
Panaji: Goa`s only medical college, the Goa Medical College (GMC), has filed a police complaint in the wake of unidentified persons circulating forged letters to aspiring medical students claiming that they had been selected to the first year of MBBS course.
Speaking to agencies, Goa Medical College dean V.N. Jindal on Saturday said the issue came to light on Thursday and the college authorities promptly informed the police, who were probing all angles.
"Yes, a complaint has been filed. We are looking at all angles. We have informed the police who are checking," he said adding that the admission process was in no way affected by the development as it was being independently handled by the Goa government`s Directorate of Technical Education.
The authorities at the GMC, which is also Goa`s biggest government-run medical facility, have also cautioned the general public about falling prey to such letters.
"Some unknown person is circulating fake letters with forged signatures of the Director (Administration), Goa Medical College, Bambolim, intimating the selection to First year MBBS Course to the students who might have applied for the MBBS course through Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim. In this regard, it is clarified that Goa Medical College, Bambolim has no role in the process of the selection of candidates for the MBBS Course nor the letters of intimation are issued by this office," the warning issued by the administration states.
The public cautionary note has also advised potential victims, who have been contacted by the unknown forgers, to report the matter to the Dean, Medical College, Bambolim and also to the concerned police station for "necessary action".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list