Goa: Cong leaders clash during meeting with Rahul
Panaji: The bickering in Goa Congress came to fore during the local leaders` interaction with Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi here Thursday.
Some leaders including Alemao brothers Churchill and Joaquim, both of whom lost in the Assembly elections, blamed former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat for Congress`s rout, sources said.
Gandhi met several party leaders and workers before addressing national executive of National Students Union of India (NSUI) later in the day.
Sources said in the meeting with Rahul, Churchill Alemao, former PWD Minister, said that Kamat was responsible for the current situation of the party in Goa.
Kamat ruled the state from 2007 to 2012, before losing power to BJP in March this year.
But a few other leaders told the Congress general secretary that hogging of tickets by family-members of prominent leaders was also a factor.
Congress leader Mauvin Godinho told reporters that there were "discussions on various issues including about rejuvenating the party organisation in Goa" and "in the coming days, there will be some changes in the organisation".
The current ban on mining in Goa also came up for discussions with Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi