Goa: Cong leaders clash during meeting with Rahul
Panaji: The bickering in Goa Congress came to fore during the local leaders` interaction with Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi here Thursday.
Some leaders including Alemao brothers Churchill and Joaquim, both of whom lost in the Assembly elections, blamed former Chief Minister Digambar Kamat for Congress`s rout, sources said.
Gandhi met several party leaders and workers before addressing national executive of National Students Union of India (NSUI) later in the day.
Sources said in the meeting with Rahul, Churchill Alemao, former PWD Minister, said that Kamat was responsible for the current situation of the party in Goa.
Kamat ruled the state from 2007 to 2012, before losing power to BJP in March this year.
But a few other leaders told the Congress general secretary that hogging of tickets by family-members of prominent leaders was also a factor.
Congress leader Mauvin Godinho told reporters that there were "discussions on various issues including about rejuvenating the party organisation in Goa" and "in the coming days, there will be some changes in the organisation".
The current ban on mining in Goa also came up for discussions with Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!