Goa Cong questions eligibility of Assistant Solicitor General
Panaji: The Goa unit of Congress has written to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi objecting to appointment of Dattaprasad Lawande as an Assistant Solicitor General in the state, alleging nepotism.
"The Congress party takes strong objection to the high- handed appointment of Dattaprasad Lawande who is a close relative of Advocate General Atmaram Nadkarni. Lawande is a junior of Nadkarni and is working in his office," Goa Congress spokesperson Durgadas Kamat said in a letter to Modi today.
The Union Law Ministry last week appointed Lawande.
"Though Goa has very seasoned and experienced advocates, we are pained to inform you that the Advocate General managed to elevate his inexperienced relative to the post," Kamat said in the letter.
When contacted, the Advocate General denied that he played any role in Lawande`s appointment.
"It is a well-deserved appointment. He is a most competent advocate," Nadkarni added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum