Goa Congress MLA likens Narendra Modi to Indira Gandhi
Panaji: A Goa Congress legislator on Thursday compared Prime Minister Narendra Modi to late prime minister Indira Gandhi.
Speaking during the monsoon session of the state Assembly on a BJP-sponsored motion, Congress legislator Dabolim Mauvin Godinho congratulated Modi on becoming the prime minister and also lauded the former Gujarat chief minister`s work ethics, strong leadership and his ability to think "out of the box".
"He (Modi) has shown that he means business. We had seen something like this when Indira Gandhi was the prime minister," Godinho said.
Godinho has been at loggerheads with the Congress leadership in Goa over the past few months and had even refused to campaign for the party`s South Goa candidate Aleixo Reginaldo during the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Godinho went a step forward in his praise for Modi and even mildly reprimanded the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MLAs for not moving a congratulatory motion on the first day of the monsoon session July 22, calling Modi`s mandate "historic".
Godinho said there was a lot to learn from Modi, especially his "work culture, ability to grasp subjects and control over his ministers".
"He works 18 to 20 hours a day. Which of our ministers work like this? Only our chief minister works as hard as the prime minister. Other ministers are not even available to public. Is this the example you are learning from your own prime minister?" Godinho asked the treasury benches.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India