Goa Congress MLA wants Jyotiraditya as PM
Panaji: The princely Congressman Jyotiraditya Scindia should be the prime minister because he has a great background, instead of Rahul Gandhi, Congress legislator Vishwajeet Rane has said.
Rane also said on his Facebook that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should be sacked.
"Country needs a young prime minister like Jyotiraditya Scindia who can connect with young India, a great background and class," says the Facebook post, which was uploaded Wednesday.
Rane is a powerful mover and shaker in the Goa Congress and is son of former chief minister Pratapsing Rane, who ruled Goa for nearly two decades.
Rane, a legislator from Valpoi constituency, has also said that India would be well served by appointing Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan as the finance minister.
He demanded that Shinde be "dumped". His comments two days after the Sunday blasts in Patna that killed six people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"