Goa Congress MLA wants Jyotiraditya as PM
Panaji: The princely Congressman Jyotiraditya Scindia should be the prime minister because he has a great background, instead of Rahul Gandhi, Congress legislator Vishwajeet Rane has said.
Rane also said on his Facebook that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should be sacked.
"Country needs a young prime minister like Jyotiraditya Scindia who can connect with young India, a great background and class," says the Facebook post, which was uploaded Wednesday.
Rane is a powerful mover and shaker in the Goa Congress and is son of former chief minister Pratapsing Rane, who ruled Goa for nearly two decades.
Rane, a legislator from Valpoi constituency, has also said that India would be well served by appointing Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan as the finance minister.
He demanded that Shinde be "dumped". His comments two days after the Sunday blasts in Patna that killed six people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family