Goa Congress MLA wants Jyotiraditya as PM
Panaji: The princely Congressman Jyotiraditya Scindia should be the prime minister because he has a great background, instead of Rahul Gandhi, Congress legislator Vishwajeet Rane has said.
Rane also said on his Facebook that Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde should be sacked.
"Country needs a young prime minister like Jyotiraditya Scindia who can connect with young India, a great background and class," says the Facebook post, which was uploaded Wednesday.
Rane is a powerful mover and shaker in the Goa Congress and is son of former chief minister Pratapsing Rane, who ruled Goa for nearly two decades.
Rane, a legislator from Valpoi constituency, has also said that India would be well served by appointing Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor Raghuram Rajan as the finance minister.
He demanded that Shinde be "dumped". His comments two days after the Sunday blasts in Patna that killed six people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!