Goa Congress questions eligibility of Assistant Solicitor General
Panaji: The Goa unit of Congress has written to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi objecting to appointment of Dattaprasad Lawande as an Assistant Solicitor General in the state, alleging nepotism.
"The Congress party takes strong objection to the high- handed appointment of Dattaprasad Lawande who is a close relative of Advocate General Atmaram Nadkarni. Lawande is a junior of Nadkarni and is working in his office," Goa Congress spokesperson Durgadas Kamat said in a letter to Modi on Friday.
The Union Law Ministry last week appointed Lawande.
"Though Goa has very seasoned and experienced advocates, we are pained to inform you that the Advocate General managed to elevate his inexperienced relative to the post," Kamat said in the letter.
When contacted, the Advocate General denied that he played any role in Lawande`s appointment.
"It is a well-deserved appointment. He is a most competent advocate," Nadkarni added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?