Goa Congress questions eligibility of Assistant Solicitor General
Panaji: The Goa unit of Congress has written to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi objecting to appointment of Dattaprasad Lawande as an Assistant Solicitor General in the state, alleging nepotism.
"The Congress party takes strong objection to the high- handed appointment of Dattaprasad Lawande who is a close relative of Advocate General Atmaram Nadkarni. Lawande is a junior of Nadkarni and is working in his office," Goa Congress spokesperson Durgadas Kamat said in a letter to Modi on Friday.
The Union Law Ministry last week appointed Lawande.
"Though Goa has very seasoned and experienced advocates, we are pained to inform you that the Advocate General managed to elevate his inexperienced relative to the post," Kamat said in the letter.
When contacted, the Advocate General denied that he played any role in Lawande`s appointment.
"It is a well-deserved appointment. He is a most competent advocate," Nadkarni added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad