Goa cop says being "framed" in drug nexus case
Panaji: Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler
arrested by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in a drug
nexus case told a court on Thursday that he was being framed by the
The former Anti Narcotic Cell police officer told
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances court that he had
met two women Ayala and Zarina, both related to drug lord
David Driham alias Dudu, after receiving information that both
were into the drug trade.
The lawyer representing Guddler said his client had gone
to meet the women as part of intelligence gathering.
The sub inspector arrested last week by CBI was brought
before the court to get his remand extended.
The suspended officer has moved a bail petition before
Guddler`s lawyer said when he went to the house of both
the women, he had informed his superiors and there was noting
in the station diary about his assignment.
Guddler pointed out that his former boss, Superintendent
of Police Veenu Bansal, subsequently transferred from the
state, knew about the assignment.
The lawyer said Bansal, whose name has been mentioned
in the statements, has not been summoned by CBI and that
Bansal’s statement is crucial to prove the innocence of his
The court will give its order on the bail petition on
Guddler, formerly attached to ANC, had arrested Dudu at
The sting operation, allegedly conducted by both the
women connected to Dudu, had shown Guddler visiting their
place and trading drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands