Goa cop says being "framed" in drug nexus case
Panaji: Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler
arrested by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) in a drug
nexus case told a court on Thursday that he was being framed by the
The former Anti Narcotic Cell police officer told
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances court that he had
met two women Ayala and Zarina, both related to drug lord
David Driham alias Dudu, after receiving information that both
were into the drug trade.
The lawyer representing Guddler said his client had gone
to meet the women as part of intelligence gathering.
The sub inspector arrested last week by CBI was brought
before the court to get his remand extended.
The suspended officer has moved a bail petition before
Guddler`s lawyer said when he went to the house of both
the women, he had informed his superiors and there was noting
in the station diary about his assignment.
Guddler pointed out that his former boss, Superintendent
of Police Veenu Bansal, subsequently transferred from the
state, knew about the assignment.
The lawyer said Bansal, whose name has been mentioned
in the statements, has not been summoned by CBI and that
Bansal’s statement is crucial to prove the innocence of his
The court will give its order on the bail petition on
Guddler, formerly attached to ANC, had arrested Dudu at
The sting operation, allegedly conducted by both the
women connected to Dudu, had shown Guddler visiting their
place and trading drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...