Goa court issues notice to CBI in IFFI scam
Panaji: Days after CBI quizzed former Chief
Minister Manohar Parrikar in connection with an alleged scam
in IFFI infrastructure, a local court has sought to know why
the agency has not questioned some others linked to the case.
CBI, which is probing the scam related to building
infrastructure to host the first edition of International Film
Festival of India (IFFI) in 2004, has been asked to appear
before the court within a fortnight, by the District and
Sessions judge after the court issued a notice to the agency.
The notice issued yesterday was in response to the
petition filed by a local Kashinath Shetye seeking
interrogation of all the `others` involved in this case.
With the court`s intervention, the CBI might have to
interrogate current Chief Minister Digamber Kamat, who was the
member of core committee, which took IFFI-related decisions.
Kamat had given clean chit to the then Chief Minister
Manohar Parrikar just a day after he was quizzed.
Ironically, Kamat`s party colleague and current Deputy
Speaker Mauvin Godinho had filed the complaint against
Parrikar in 2005, which is presently being probed by CBI.
Reacting to the court judgement, Parrikar today said that
all those in public life should be open for scrutiny.
"What I have learnt is that they (CBI) are harassing
people to say something which they are not ready to say. The
CBI is trying to pull out something which does not exist,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir?
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part II
- Why separatist are targeting patriotic residents in Kashmir? Part III
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies