Goa: Court rejects bail plea of former NCP leader
Panaji: A local court on Saturday rejected the bail
plea of NCP`s former national secretary Jitendra Deshprabhu,
arrested by the Crime Branch for running an illegal iron ore
Principal District and Sessions Judge Nutan Sardesai
dismissed Deshprabhu`s bail plea, filed on his behalf by his
brother, Devendra Deshprabhu.
On Thursday, court had rejected his anticipatory bail
application, following which he was arrested.
It is alleged that he was operating an iron ore mine at
his property in Pernem taluka, without a license.
Soon after the arrest, he was admitted to Goa Medical
College and Hospital (GMCH) for hypertension and chest pain.
Goa State Mines and Geology Department has already
held that illegal ore extraction was on at Deshprabhu`s
land, and fined him Rs 1.7 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today