Goa: Court rejects bail plea of former NCP leader
Panaji: A local court on Saturday rejected the bail
plea of NCP`s former national secretary Jitendra Deshprabhu,
arrested by the Crime Branch for running an illegal iron ore
Principal District and Sessions Judge Nutan Sardesai
dismissed Deshprabhu`s bail plea, filed on his behalf by his
brother, Devendra Deshprabhu.
On Thursday, court had rejected his anticipatory bail
application, following which he was arrested.
It is alleged that he was operating an iron ore mine at
his property in Pernem taluka, without a license.
Soon after the arrest, he was admitted to Goa Medical
College and Hospital (GMCH) for hypertension and chest pain.
Goa State Mines and Geology Department has already
held that illegal ore extraction was on at Deshprabhu`s
land, and fined him Rs 1.7 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs
- Congress leader Sheila Dikshit to head panel for Indira Gandhi Birth Centenary Celebrations
- IIFA diaries: Athiya Shetty basking under Spanish sun!