Goa: Court rejects bail plea of former NCP leader
Panaji: A local court on Saturday rejected the bail
plea of NCP`s former national secretary Jitendra Deshprabhu,
arrested by the Crime Branch for running an illegal iron ore
Principal District and Sessions Judge Nutan Sardesai
dismissed Deshprabhu`s bail plea, filed on his behalf by his
brother, Devendra Deshprabhu.
On Thursday, court had rejected his anticipatory bail
application, following which he was arrested.
It is alleged that he was operating an iron ore mine at
his property in Pernem taluka, without a license.
Soon after the arrest, he was admitted to Goa Medical
College and Hospital (GMCH) for hypertension and chest pain.
Goa State Mines and Geology Department has already
held that illegal ore extraction was on at Deshprabhu`s
land, and fined him Rs 1.7 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!