Goa: Court rejects bail plea of former NCP leader
Panaji: A local court on Saturday rejected the bail
plea of NCP`s former national secretary Jitendra Deshprabhu,
arrested by the Crime Branch for running an illegal iron ore
Principal District and Sessions Judge Nutan Sardesai
dismissed Deshprabhu`s bail plea, filed on his behalf by his
brother, Devendra Deshprabhu.
On Thursday, court had rejected his anticipatory bail
application, following which he was arrested.
It is alleged that he was operating an iron ore mine at
his property in Pernem taluka, without a license.
Soon after the arrest, he was admitted to Goa Medical
College and Hospital (GMCH) for hypertension and chest pain.
Goa State Mines and Geology Department has already
held that illegal ore extraction was on at Deshprabhu`s
land, and fined him Rs 1.7 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information