Goa court rejects Pacheco`s bail plea
Panaji: A local court Wednesday rejected the bail
plea of former Goa tourism minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco
in connection with the death of his friend Nadia Torrado.
Additional Sessions judge Pramod Kamat denied bail to
Pacheco, who surrendered before the court on Saturday last
after his anticipatory bail petition was rejected by the
Pacheco is currently undergoing treatment for
hypertension, jaundice and urinary tract infection at the
Hospicio hospital in Margao.
The court has ordered that the crime branch can take his
custody once he is discharged from the hospital or is
The 46-year-old NCP legislator was booked by police on
the charge of abetment to suicide and culpable homicide not
amounting to murder.
Pacheco`s close friend Nadia, 28, had allegedly consumed
poison on May 15 and subsequently was admitted to various
private hospitals in Goa, Thane and Chennai. She died on May
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days