Goa court rejects Pacheco`s bail plea
Panaji: A local court Wednesday rejected the bail
plea of former Goa tourism minister Fransisco Mickey Pacheco
in connection with the death of his friend Nadia Torrado.
Additional Sessions judge Pramod Kamat denied bail to
Pacheco, who surrendered before the court on Saturday last
after his anticipatory bail petition was rejected by the
Pacheco is currently undergoing treatment for
hypertension, jaundice and urinary tract infection at the
Hospicio hospital in Margao.
The court has ordered that the crime branch can take his
custody once he is discharged from the hospital or is
The 46-year-old NCP legislator was booked by police on
the charge of abetment to suicide and culpable homicide not
amounting to murder.
Pacheco`s close friend Nadia, 28, had allegedly consumed
poison on May 15 and subsequently was admitted to various
private hospitals in Goa, Thane and Chennai. She died on May
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY