Goa drug nexus case: Complaint filed against two ministers
Panaji: The Congress party in Goa on Saturday filed a complaint with the CBI against two BJP state ministers alleging their role in the drug peddler-policemen-politician nexus case of 2010.
The complaint filed by Congress spokesman Sudip Tamhankar names two ministers - Laxmikant Parsekar and Dayanand Mandrekar -- demanding an inquiry against them.
While Parsekar, a former BJP Goa unit chief is Health Minister, Mandrekar is Minister for Art and Culture in the state.
Tamhankar has claimed that the drug nexus case which was earlier investigated by Goa Police`s Crime Branch and now probed by CBI has the statement of the witnesses who has alleged involvement of Mandrekar and Parsekar.
The Congress spokesman has said that the Crime Branch and CBI has investigated only the role of policemen in the nexus.
Tamhankar said there is enough evidence on record to indict both the ministers in the nexus.
The deadly nexus was exposed three years back when Israeli drug lord Yaniv Benaim alias Atala confessed on a spy cam about his links with the policemen.
He claimed that the policemen were supplying him drugs, which he used to push in the coastal belt.
During the investigations, name of Goa`s then Home Minister Ravi Naik`s son, Roy had surfaced. The CBI has taken the statement of Roy.
Both ministers, when contacted, refused to comment on the complaint with CBI, claiming that "they are yet to see the complaint copy”.
The BJP, on the other hand, has firmly stood by its ministers.
Party`s Goa spokesman Narendra Sawaikar said that there is no material or substance in the complaint.
"I have seen both the ministers personally in public life. Their conduct is clean and people of Goa know about it," he said, giving clean chit to both the ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena marches ahead in BMC, but BJP gains lead in Pune