Goa drugs case: CBI gets statement of Swedish mode
Panaji: CBI has obtained a statement of
Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse who exposed the Goa
policemen-drug peddlers nexus.
CBI Deputy Inspector General Pravinkumar Salunke said today that her statement was recorded by Swedish police a few
days ago and handed over to the Indian agency through
"She has deposed in Swedish. We need to translate it," he
said, adding he did not know its contents yet.
"Contents of the statement would not be made public as it
is a part of the investigation," the DIG said.
Lucky had exposed the relations between her former
boyfriend Israeli national Yaniv Benaim alias Atala and Goa
policemen by videotaping some conversations.
The video purportedly shows that Atala purchased seized
drugs from some officers of Anti Narcotic Cell, to sell them
back on the beaches of Goa. Atala, rearrested in Peru after
jumping bail, was given bail afresh by a court here yesterday.
Lucky`s statement is crucial because she is the only
person to have claimed that Roy Naik - former Home Minister
Ravi Naik`s son -- frequented her place in Anjuna where she
lived with Atala. Roy, according to Lucky, forced Atala to
continue in the drug cartel, though the Israeli wanted to quit
it after marriage to Lucky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp