Goa drugs case: CBI gets statement of Swedish mode
Panaji: CBI has obtained a statement of
Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse who exposed the Goa
policemen-drug peddlers nexus.
CBI Deputy Inspector General Pravinkumar Salunke said today that her statement was recorded by Swedish police a few
days ago and handed over to the Indian agency through
"She has deposed in Swedish. We need to translate it," he
said, adding he did not know its contents yet.
"Contents of the statement would not be made public as it
is a part of the investigation," the DIG said.
Lucky had exposed the relations between her former
boyfriend Israeli national Yaniv Benaim alias Atala and Goa
policemen by videotaping some conversations.
The video purportedly shows that Atala purchased seized
drugs from some officers of Anti Narcotic Cell, to sell them
back on the beaches of Goa. Atala, rearrested in Peru after
jumping bail, was given bail afresh by a court here yesterday.
Lucky`s statement is crucial because she is the only
person to have claimed that Roy Naik - former Home Minister
Ravi Naik`s son -- frequented her place in Anjuna where she
lived with Atala. Roy, according to Lucky, forced Atala to
continue in the drug cartel, though the Israeli wanted to quit
it after marriage to Lucky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?