Goa drugs case: CBI gets statement of Swedish mode
Panaji: CBI has obtained a statement of
Swedish model Lucky Farmhouse who exposed the Goa
policemen-drug peddlers nexus.
CBI Deputy Inspector General Pravinkumar Salunke said today that her statement was recorded by Swedish police a few
days ago and handed over to the Indian agency through
"She has deposed in Swedish. We need to translate it," he
said, adding he did not know its contents yet.
"Contents of the statement would not be made public as it
is a part of the investigation," the DIG said.
Lucky had exposed the relations between her former
boyfriend Israeli national Yaniv Benaim alias Atala and Goa
policemen by videotaping some conversations.
The video purportedly shows that Atala purchased seized
drugs from some officers of Anti Narcotic Cell, to sell them
back on the beaches of Goa. Atala, rearrested in Peru after
jumping bail, was given bail afresh by a court here yesterday.
Lucky`s statement is crucial because she is the only
person to have claimed that Roy Naik - former Home Minister
Ravi Naik`s son -- frequented her place in Anjuna where she
lived with Atala. Roy, according to Lucky, forced Atala to
continue in the drug cartel, though the Israeli wanted to quit
it after marriage to Lucky.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack