Goa farmers to have interest-free loans: Parrikar
Panaji: Farmers in Goa will soon get Identity Cards (IDs) with electronic chips which will contain all details about their crops, land holdings, borrowing and farming history.
Making this announcement on Monday, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said the state Agriculture Department will give these cards to farmers, who will be loaned interest free money by state-run Economic Development Corporation (EDC) for six months depending on their crops.
The farmer can get upto Rs 20,000 per acre advance money which will be interest-free for six months, Parrikar said.
The work to compile a database would begin in next two months. The cards will have all the information about the farmers, including his cultivation and also farmland owned by him.
"This card will be ten times better than Kissan Credit Card given by Union government," Parrikar claimed adding that the cards can be used to avail all farmers related government schemes.
The Goa government, he said, targets 6 per cent annual growth in agriculture for the current financial year, which would be scaled up to 10 per cent for the next financial year.
The Chief Minister said the government is also working on minimum support price for ten varieties of locally grown vegetables.
"The state-run Horticulture corporation will implement this scheme. The farmer can produce any amount of vegetables and we will support them with the minimum price," he said.
The Goa government has also decided to review its earlier policy and allow arm licences for the farmers to protect their crops from menacing animals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27