Goa fisheries minister`s bodyguard held
Vasco: The bodyguard of Goa`s fisheries minister and two of his friends were Tuesday remanded to 14 days in judicial custody after he assaulted a police sub-inspector and a head constable at a cinema hall in Vasco, 30 kms from the capital Panaji.
Police public relations officer John Aguiar said Ajay Anandachi, the personal security officer of the minister, Avertano Furtado, and his friends Santosh Puri and Pankaj Navelkar were arrested late Sunday for assaulting two police officers on duty.
Anandachi was creating a ruckus near the ticket gate at Vasco`s only multiplex Sunday and the management called the police after his bodyguard started assaulting a security guard.
The minister was not present at the time of the incident. "The accused Anandachi hit the police sub-inspector and his colleague in the chest and later kicked them," John said.
Anandachi, a police constable attached to the security division of the state police was assigned to the minister for the last few months.
The three have been booked under sections 353 and 504 of the Indian Penal Code 34 IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites