Goa: Five including 4 tourists killed in road mishap
Panaji: Five persons, including four tourists from Gujarat, were killed when their taxi collided with a mini-truck at Goa Velha village near here, police said on Thursday.
The tourists, in their early 20s and all from Surat in Gujarat, were proceeding to Panaji in a taxi when their vehicle dashed against a mini truck coming from front near Zuari bridge at around 9.19 pm, a few metres away from Goa Velha police station.
"The impact of the accident was huge and four of them including the driver died on the spot.
The fifth victim breathed his last this morning at Goa Medical College and Hospital," a senior police official said.
The deceased have been identified as - Raunak Gote, Siddharth Suvarna, Gaurav Tatar and Rohit Shah, and local driver Jahir Abbas Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Oh blonde! Anusha Dandekar and boyfriend Karan Kundra go twinning—See pics
- Egypt's Sisi says Putin ready to host Mideast peace talks
- Usain Bolt pictured with Brazilian student on 30th Birthday – Photos go Viral!
- India ready to give 'all help': EAM Swaraj to Myanmar
- Iran chastises Russia for publicising use of Iranian bases