Goa: Five including 4 tourists killed in road mishap
Panaji: Five persons, including four tourists from Gujarat, were killed when their taxi collided with a mini-truck at Goa Velha village near here, police said on Thursday.
The tourists, in their early 20s and all from Surat in Gujarat, were proceeding to Panaji in a taxi when their vehicle dashed against a mini truck coming from front near Zuari bridge at around 9.19 pm, a few metres away from Goa Velha police station.
"The impact of the accident was huge and four of them including the driver died on the spot.
The fifth victim breathed his last this morning at Goa Medical College and Hospital," a senior police official said.
The deceased have been identified as - Raunak Gote, Siddharth Suvarna, Gaurav Tatar and Rohit Shah, and local driver Jahir Abbas Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country