Goa: Five including 4 tourists killed in road mishap
Panaji: Five persons, including four tourists from Gujarat, were killed when their taxi collided with a mini-truck at Goa Velha village near here, police said on Thursday.
The tourists, in their early 20s and all from Surat in Gujarat, were proceeding to Panaji in a taxi when their vehicle dashed against a mini truck coming from front near Zuari bridge at around 9.19 pm, a few metres away from Goa Velha police station.
"The impact of the accident was huge and four of them including the driver died on the spot.
The fifth victim breathed his last this morning at Goa Medical College and Hospital," a senior police official said.
The deceased have been identified as - Raunak Gote, Siddharth Suvarna, Gaurav Tatar and Rohit Shah, and local driver Jahir Abbas Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list