Goa: Five including 4 tourists killed in road mishap
Panaji: Five persons, including four tourists from Gujarat, were killed when their taxi collided with a mini-truck at Goa Velha village near here, police said on Thursday.
The tourists, in their early 20s and all from Surat in Gujarat, were proceeding to Panaji in a taxi when their vehicle dashed against a mini truck coming from front near Zuari bridge at around 9.19 pm, a few metres away from Goa Velha police station.
"The impact of the accident was huge and four of them including the driver died on the spot.
The fifth victim breathed his last this morning at Goa Medical College and Hospital," a senior police official said.
The deceased have been identified as - Raunak Gote, Siddharth Suvarna, Gaurav Tatar and Rohit Shah, and local driver Jahir Abbas Sheikh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 21 patients die on single day in Hyderabad govt hospital, staff blame power outage
- New Zealand's Queenstown Airport evacuated after 'bomb message' found on plane
- SHOCKING! Star wrestler Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio participation doubtful
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online