Goa: Five including 4 tourists killed in road mishap
Panaji: Five persons, including four tourists from Gujarat, were killed when their taxi collided with a mini-truck at Goa Velha village near here, police said on Thursday.
The tourists, in their early 20s and all from Surat in Gujarat, were proceeding to Panaji in a taxi when their vehicle dashed against a mini truck coming from front near Zuari bridge at around 9.19 pm, a few metres away from Goa Velha police station.
"The impact of the accident was huge and four of them including the driver died on the spot.
The fifth victim breathed his last this morning at Goa Medical College and Hospital," a senior police official said.
The deceased have been identified as - Raunak Gote, Siddharth Suvarna, Gaurav Tatar and Rohit Shah, and local driver Jahir Abbas Sheikh.
- Sensex sinks 104 points in early trade on weak global cues
- Sacha Baron Cohen's father dies at 83
- AAP founder member Ilyas Azmi quits party, says 'autrocratic' Arvind Kejriwal doing 'communal politics'
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC to resume hearing on plea challenging HC order revoking President's Rule
- Who raped and murdered Jisha in Kerala? Here are a few theories