Goa government announces subsidy on domestic LPG cylinders
Panaji: Goa government on Monday announced a subsidy on domestic LPG cylinders for people below an annual average income of Rs 3 lakh.
State civil supplies minister Dayanand Mandrekar told PTI that families below an annual average income of Rs 3 lakh will get additional six LPG cylinders per year on subsidised rates.
He said 12 LPG cylinders, including six subsidised by the union government, would be made available to these families.
Goa has one lakh families whose income is below Rs 3 lakh per annum. The minister said it would attempt to ensure that domestic LPG cylinders are subsidised for lower middle class families.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa