Goa govt considering to hand over drug nexus case to CBI
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digamber Kamat
Monday said the state government is weighing the proposal to
hand over the policemen-drug peddler nexus case to the CBI.
"The state Home Ministry`s proposal to hand over the
entire drug nexus investigations (to the CBI) is under active
consideration," Kamat said.
He said the state Home Ministry has already moved the
file and "I am considering it".
The state government has been facing flak after the Crime
Branch made no substantial breakthrough in the investigations
into the policemen-politician-drug peddler nexus cases, which
have kept coming into light in the state
Home Minister Ravi Naik was also in the line of fire for
allegedly derailing the nexus probe.
Two big Israeli drug lords - Atala alias Yaniv Benaim and
Dudu alias David Driham - were arrested by the state police.
While Atala was arrested after his former girlfriend Lucky
Amori caught him in a sting confessing about his links, Dudu
was arrested with cocktail of drugs.
The sting operation conducted by Dudu`s sister, Ayala
Driham, had caught Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler, selling
drugs on the camera.
Opposition BJP had raised the demand to hand over the
probe to the central agency following which Congress` Frontal
Students Union, National Students Union of India (NSUI) had
also moved the High court demanding a CBI probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- DNA: Analysis of the plight of Onion farmers in India
- Manipur HSLC Results 2016 : (manresult.nic.in) Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016, BSEM 10th (HSLC) Results to be declared today
- President seeks more information on NEET Ordinance
- Italy requests SC to enforce UN court verdict, allow marine to return
- Six hurt in communal clash in Gujarat
- Hearing in coal case involving Manmohan Singh deferred