Goa govt considering to hand over drug nexus case to CBI
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digamber Kamat
Monday said the state government is weighing the proposal to
hand over the policemen-drug peddler nexus case to the CBI.
"The state Home Ministry`s proposal to hand over the
entire drug nexus investigations (to the CBI) is under active
consideration," Kamat said.
He said the state Home Ministry has already moved the
file and "I am considering it".
The state government has been facing flak after the Crime
Branch made no substantial breakthrough in the investigations
into the policemen-politician-drug peddler nexus cases, which
have kept coming into light in the state
Home Minister Ravi Naik was also in the line of fire for
allegedly derailing the nexus probe.
Two big Israeli drug lords - Atala alias Yaniv Benaim and
Dudu alias David Driham - were arrested by the state police.
While Atala was arrested after his former girlfriend Lucky
Amori caught him in a sting confessing about his links, Dudu
was arrested with cocktail of drugs.
The sting operation conducted by Dudu`s sister, Ayala
Driham, had caught Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler, selling
drugs on the camera.
Opposition BJP had raised the demand to hand over the
probe to the central agency following which Congress` Frontal
Students Union, National Students Union of India (NSUI) had
also moved the High court demanding a CBI probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it