Goa govt discriminating against minorities, alleges NCP
Panaji: The NCP unit in Goa on Friday charged the BJP-led state government with discriminating against minorities while implementing various social security schemes.
The minority community members are given "second class citizen treatment by the BJP-led government," NCP state unit chief spokesman Trojano D`Mello told reporters here.
If the state government does not stop the discrimination, they will approach Human Rights Commission, he said.
"The minorities are treated as second class citizens under the current Chief Minister," D`Mello said while mentioning some figures of beneficiaries under the state government`s flagship `Ladli Lakshmi` and `Grih Adhar` schemes.
Out of the total 15,890 beneficiaries under Grih Adhar scheme, which gives monthly Rs 1,000 to housewives, only 3,000 are from the minority community, he said.
"This amounts to hardly 16 percent of the total benefit being given to the minority community," he said, adding that in case of Ladli Lakshmi scheme, which gives Rs one lakh for marriage of a girl, the benefit is just up to 12 percent for the minorities.
The state government was trying to divide the communities by such tricks, D`Mello alleged.
Responding to a question, the party spokesman said that he does not have an actual break up of the total applicants from the minority community for the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?