`Goa Govt has enough evidence to ban Sanatan Sanstha`
Congress MP from Goa Shantaram Naik today said the State Government has enough evidence to ban Sanatan Sanstha, a right-wing group linked to the last year`s bomb blast in Margao town near here.
Panaji: Congress MP from Goa Shantaram
Naik today said the State Government has enough evidence to
ban Sanatan Sanstha, a right-wing group linked to the last
year`s bomb blast in Margao town near here.
"The Government has collected enough material against
Sanstha and chargesheet filed by National Investigating Agency
(in the Margao case) would be additional evidence against the
outfit," he told reporters here.
"There is absolutely no doubt in the minds of the
state`s rulers that the Sanstha needs to be banned."
However, Naik`s statement was at variance with the
stand taken by Home Minister Ravi Naik, who has said the
police would examine the possibility of banning the outfit
only after going through the chargesheet filed by NIA.
The newly created Central agency is probing the Diwali
eve blast for which four activists of the Sanstha have been
arrested. Two persons, said to be Sanstha members, were killed
when the explosives they were allegedly transporting went off.
The MP said the Goa`s Congress-NCP Government would
present a foolproof case against the group to the Centre to
back its claim for a ban.
The Sanstha runs its activities in Goa from an ashram
at Ramnathi village, about 30 kms from here.
On Sunday, Chief Minister Digamber Kamat had said he
had not received any communication from the Home Ministry on
proscribing the Sanstha.