Goa govt launches Grih Adhar scheme for women
Panaji: Goa government Tuesday launched its flagship Grih Adhar scheme, which will provide Rs 1,000 per month to those woman, whose gross family income is less than Rs 3 lakh.
Unveiling the scheme this afternoon, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said that married women, divorcees and widows would be benefited under the scheme.
Parrikar said that the scheme was "anti-inflation" and has been introduced to off-set the impact created due to the price rise induced by Union Government`s "faulty policies".
The Chief Minister said that an amount of Rs 150 crore has been earmarked for this scheme for the current year, which will cover one and half lakh beneficiaries.
"Every month, we will cover 15,000 applications," he said adding that the Directorate of Women and Child Development would be implementing this scheme.
The beneficiaries, he said, should be more than 18 years of age.
The forms for this scheme would be made available through the offices of the directorate across all the talukas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations