Goa govt launches Grih Adhar scheme for women
Panaji: Goa government Tuesday launched its flagship Grih Adhar scheme, which will provide Rs 1,000 per month to those woman, whose gross family income is less than Rs 3 lakh.
Unveiling the scheme this afternoon, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said that married women, divorcees and widows would be benefited under the scheme.
Parrikar said that the scheme was "anti-inflation" and has been introduced to off-set the impact created due to the price rise induced by Union Government`s "faulty policies".
The Chief Minister said that an amount of Rs 150 crore has been earmarked for this scheme for the current year, which will cover one and half lakh beneficiaries.
"Every month, we will cover 15,000 applications," he said adding that the Directorate of Women and Child Development would be implementing this scheme.
The beneficiaries, he said, should be more than 18 years of age.
The forms for this scheme would be made available through the offices of the directorate across all the talukas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal