Goa govt notifies guidelines for casinos
Panaji: Goa government has notified anti-money laundering and financing of terrorism guidelines, 2013 which will keep a strict check on casinos operating in the
state so that they do not indulge in illegal money transactions.
Unveiling the new notification guidelines for the casinos here last evening, Goa Home Ministry made it mandatory for them to know the identity of the customer and source of his money before he is allowed to gamble
The new guidelines make it compulsory for the casino operators to report a financial transaction of more than Rs 10 lakh to the financial intelligence unit of Government of India.
The guidelines also make it mandatory for the casino operators for putting KYC (know your customer) norms in place.
Special checks will have to be maintained on the politically exposed person (PEP), who will be under scanner at the casinos, according to the notification.
"PEP is an individual who is or has been representing prominent public functions in a foreign country, head of states or of governments, senior politicians, senior judicial or military officers, senior executive of state owned corporations or important political party official," the guidelines read.
It has been made compulsory that all the relevant data related to customers should be preserved for at least 10 years, the notification mentioned.
Goa has four off shore casinos currently working in Mandovi river alongside Panaji city while there are a dozen on shore ones attached to various five-star hotels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!