Goa govt orders probe into child trafficking case
Panaji: The Goa government has launched an
inquiry after the state-government run medical hospital has
been found to be employing children who were allegedly
trafficked by criminals into the state.
Goa State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
(GSCPCR) during their raid this week had come across a
16-year-old boy from Bihar, who was sold in Goa for Rs 15,000.
The boy was working in a canteen of Goa medical college
and hospital near here, which is the state`s largest hospital
GSCPCR Chairperson Sameera Kazi said the raid was
conducted to identify child labourers employed in the canteen.
The boy, she said, walked to the raiding party and
requested to rescue him from this place as he wanted to get
out from there.
As per the deposition, the boy told authorities that he
was sold to a man by his brother for Rs 15,000.
Originally from Bihar, the boy was initially lodged in
state-run Apna Ghar as he was found abandoned on the road, two
canteen run by a private contractor in the government
The raid by GSCPCR this week had rescued 11-year-old boy
while three other boys managed to run away.
The Commission has asked the local police to investigate
into the child trafficking angle.
Police inspector Jivba Dalvi said a thorough enquiry
would be conducted into the matter.
"We will bring to book everyone involved in such
rackets," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Woman suicide over morphed picture: One arrested
- 7th Pay Commission: Gratuity ceiling doubled to Rs 20 lakh
- Govinda ultimate Bollywood dancer for me: Farah Khan
- Harbhajan Singh to sponsor kit for disabled cricketers of India
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Results 2016 to be declared on Thursday (June 30). Log on to bed.mhpravesh.in