Goa govt orders probe into child trafficking case
Panaji: The Goa government has launched an
inquiry after the state-government run medical hospital has
been found to be employing children who were allegedly
trafficked by criminals into the state.
Goa State Commission for Protection of Child Rights
(GSCPCR) during their raid this week had come across a
16-year-old boy from Bihar, who was sold in Goa for Rs 15,000.
The boy was working in a canteen of Goa medical college
and hospital near here, which is the state`s largest hospital
GSCPCR Chairperson Sameera Kazi said the raid was
conducted to identify child labourers employed in the canteen.
The boy, she said, walked to the raiding party and
requested to rescue him from this place as he wanted to get
out from there.
As per the deposition, the boy told authorities that he
was sold to a man by his brother for Rs 15,000.
Originally from Bihar, the boy was initially lodged in
state-run Apna Ghar as he was found abandoned on the road, two
canteen run by a private contractor in the government
The raid by GSCPCR this week had rescued 11-year-old boy
while three other boys managed to run away.
The Commission has asked the local police to investigate
into the child trafficking angle.
Police inspector Jivba Dalvi said a thorough enquiry
would be conducted into the matter.
"We will bring to book everyone involved in such
rackets," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt