Goa govt planning to hand over drug nexus case to CBI
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Digamber Kamat on Monday said the state government is mulling a proposal to hand over the policemen-drug peddler nexus case to the CBI.
"The State Home Ministry`s proposal to hand over the entire drug nexus investigations (to the CBI) is under active consideration," Kamat told a news agency.
He said the state Home ministry has already moved the file and "I am considering it."
The state government has been facing flak after the Crime Branch made no substantial breakthrough in the investigations into the policemen-politician-drug peddler nexus cases.
Two alleged Israeli drug lords - Atala alias Yaniv Benaim and Dudu alias David Driham have been arrested by state police. While Atala was arrested after his former girlfriend Lucky Amori caught him in a sting confessing about his links, Dudu was arrested with a cocktail of drugs.
The sting operation conducted by Dudu`s sister, Ayala Driham, had allegedly caught Police Sub Inspector Sunil Guddler, selling drugs on the camera.
The opposition BJP had raised the demand to hand over the probe to the central agency following which Congress` Frontal Students Union, National Students Union of India (NSUI) had also moved the High court demanding a CBI probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!