Goa govt plans revamping of civil defence set up: Guv
Panaji: Early raid warnings system during an
emergency situation has been put in place in Goa, Governor S S
Sidhu told the state Assembly today.
He said two districts of Goa -- Panaji and Mormugao --
have been declared as multi-hazardous and the state government
is considering revamping of civil defence set up there.
"Two towns of Panaji and Mormugao have been declared as
category two civil defence towns and have been connected to
naval operation room, INS Gomantak," he said, addressing the
fifth Goa Legislative Assembly.
Panaji is the state capital while Mormugao is a home for
many vital installations including port, oil tanks and defence
Lauding law and order situation in the state, Sidhu said
that police have done commendable job in investigating the
Margao bomb blast that occurred in October, 2009.
"Police did a commendable job in reaching the spot
immediately and collecting vital information which provided
breakthrough clues in the investigation," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!