Goa govt plans revamping of civil defence set up: Guv
Panaji: Early raid warnings system during an
emergency situation has been put in place in Goa, Governor S S
Sidhu told the state Assembly today.
He said two districts of Goa -- Panaji and Mormugao --
have been declared as multi-hazardous and the state government
is considering revamping of civil defence set up there.
"Two towns of Panaji and Mormugao have been declared as
category two civil defence towns and have been connected to
naval operation room, INS Gomantak," he said, addressing the
fifth Goa Legislative Assembly.
Panaji is the state capital while Mormugao is a home for
many vital installations including port, oil tanks and defence
Lauding law and order situation in the state, Sidhu said
that police have done commendable job in investigating the
Margao bomb blast that occurred in October, 2009.
"Police did a commendable job in reaching the spot
immediately and collecting vital information which provided
breakthrough clues in the investigation," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Is your Indian passport among those to be declared invalid from November 25, 2015?