Goa govt puts controversial devt plan on hold
Panaji: The Goa government on Monday put the
controversial Regional Plan 2021 on hold.
The decision would hit the new infrastructure projects.
The order to keep the no objection certificates (NOCs)
given under the plan in abeyance was issued today by Town and
Country Planning (TCP) department.
As a result, no project or proposal which has got green
signal under the RP 2021 can proceed till further orders.
Chief Town Planner S Putturaju said the proposals would
be kept on hold till government took decision on the plan.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan, in his address to the
Legislative Assembly on March 20, had said that government
will scrap the development plan, and frame a new one, taking
all stakeholders into confidence.
Putturaju said all the permissions granted, or the
applications received after March 20 will be referred to the
state government, to be decided on case-to-case basis.
"We have asked all the officials in TCP, including its
branches, to stop issuance of no objection certificates."
RP-2021, drafted by the previous Congress-led regime,
had provoked a lot of opposition as civil rights groups said
it would destroy the greenery in the state.
BJP had promised to scrap the plan on coming to power.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had earlier said that
decision on the new plan would be taken only after April 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?