Goa govt puts controversial devt plan on hold
Panaji: The Goa government on Monday put the
controversial Regional Plan 2021 on hold.
The decision would hit the new infrastructure projects.
The order to keep the no objection certificates (NOCs)
given under the plan in abeyance was issued today by Town and
Country Planning (TCP) department.
As a result, no project or proposal which has got green
signal under the RP 2021 can proceed till further orders.
Chief Town Planner S Putturaju said the proposals would
be kept on hold till government took decision on the plan.
Governor K Sankaranarayanan, in his address to the
Legislative Assembly on March 20, had said that government
will scrap the development plan, and frame a new one, taking
all stakeholders into confidence.
Putturaju said all the permissions granted, or the
applications received after March 20 will be referred to the
state government, to be decided on case-to-case basis.
"We have asked all the officials in TCP, including its
branches, to stop issuance of no objection certificates."
RP-2021, drafted by the previous Congress-led regime,
had provoked a lot of opposition as civil rights groups said
it would destroy the greenery in the state.
BJP had promised to scrap the plan on coming to power.
Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had earlier said that
decision on the new plan would be taken only after April 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal