Goa govt reshuffles eight SPs
Panaji: The Goa government today
reshuffled eight officers of the rank of Superintendent of
Police (SP) in a major exercise.
IPS officer Vijay Singh will head the Anti Narcotics
Cell (ANC), which had no full time officer heading it, after
the instances of nexus between policemen and drug peddlers
came to the light in the recent past.
A Personnel department official stated that the
exercise has also taken care of the additional charges being
given to various SPs, including Arvind Gawas, who was given
charge of departments of North Goa district and Traffic.
Another SP, Atmaram Deshpande, who recently hit the
controversy due to his statements against tribals, is shunted
to Traffic cell.
Deshpande was heading Special Branch (SB) which looks
after intelligence gathering in the state.
On May 25, several thousand tribals had held
demonstrations at Balli village. The agitation turned violent
killing two tribal leaders
Deshpande, who headed SB, refused to accept that the
incident occurred due to intelligence failure and instead
claimed that the `tribals were drunk`.
SP Allan D`Sa is shifted from South Goa district to
Immigration (Airport) and is replaced by recently promoted SP
Waman Tari, who was an Assistant Commandant of India Reserve
Battalion, and also headed Tourist wing of police.
The charge of Coastal police stations was taken out
from SP Omprakash Kudtarkar and handed over to SP Tony
Fernandes, who hitherto headed Immigration (Airport) and
SP Shekhar Prabhudesai is transferred from Police
Training School, Valpoi, to Headquarters and Special Branch
and Vishram Borkar from the headquarters to Police Training
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal