Goa govt says it doesn`t have Shah Commission report yet
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar stated in the state Legislative Assembly on Monday that the Centre had not yet provided copy of Justice MB Shah Commission`s report on illegal mining in the state "for the reasons best known to it".
The Chief Minister filed a written reply to a question by Nuvem MLA, Miccky Pacheco, about the Shah Commission`s findings.
The MLA had asked whether any of the former Ministers were blamed in the report.
Centre appointed the Commission to conduct inquiry into rampant illegal mining of iron ore in the ecologically sensitive Goa, as also in some other states.
The Commission has submitted two interim reports so far.
Parrikar also said that he could not say when the state would get a copy of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL