Goa govt says it doesn`t have Shah Commission report yet
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar stated in the state Legislative Assembly on Monday that the Centre had not yet provided copy of Justice MB Shah Commission`s report on illegal mining in the state "for the reasons best known to it".
The Chief Minister filed a written reply to a question by Nuvem MLA, Miccky Pacheco, about the Shah Commission`s findings.
The MLA had asked whether any of the former Ministers were blamed in the report.
Centre appointed the Commission to conduct inquiry into rampant illegal mining of iron ore in the ecologically sensitive Goa, as also in some other states.
The Commission has submitted two interim reports so far.
Parrikar also said that he could not say when the state would get a copy of the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends