Goa govt terms accused Sanatan members as `terrorists`
Panaji: Goa government on Tuesday termed as
"terrorists" the four members of Hindu right wing organisation
Sanatan Sanstha who were arrested in connection with the last
year`s pre-Diwali blast in the state.
In a written reply tabled on the floor of the House
today, Home Minister Ravi Naik said, "four terrorists were
arrested by Goa Police in bomb blast incident, which took
place at Margao and Verna respectively on the night of Diwali,
The Home Minister has named foursome as Vinay Talekar,
Vinayak Patil, Dhananjay Ashtekar and Dilip Maongaonkar.
Two people had died when explosives they were carrying
went off in Margao town on October 16.
Police had arrested four people in this connection while
fifth accused had surrendered before the court later.
Naik has said that all the four accused were active in
Goa. All the accused had confirmed their links with Sanatan
Sanstha, a right wing Hindu Organisation, operating from Goa
through its Ashram at Ramnathi village.
The Home Minister earlier had said that they were
studying the possibility of banning Sanatan Sanstha, and
Director General of Police will study the chargesheet filed by
the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in this connection.
In the same reply, he has said that in June this year a
Naxal was arrested in the state.
Sambhu Beck, the Naxal, of Orissa was arrested on the
request of Sundargarh police and was handed over to them as
per court order.
"Shambu was hiding in Goa to avoid his arrest by Orissa
Police," the reply reads.
Naik said that the tenants who stay in rented places in
the state have been asked to register themselves with the
local police station.
In the year 2008-09, 39,958 tenants were registered while
subsequent year, 17,738 tenants were registered. In the
current year, 4,136 tenants were registered till date, he
said, adding police had initiated action against those who
failed to register themselves.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics