Goa govt to cancel bail of rape accused teacher
Panaji: After a minor rape victim tried to commit suicide here yesterday, Goa government moved the high court seeking to cancel the bail granted to the girl`s teacher, who had allegedly raped her.
Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar told the state Legislative Assembly today that the government has already moved the Bombay High Court at Goa seeking cancellation of bail of the accused Kanhaiya Naik, the victim`s teacher, who had raped the 17-year-old girl from his own school.
Parrikar said that in her statement given to the Sub Divisional Magistrate that the girl has stated that `she feared for her life after the accused was granted bail by the court.
The girl was allegedly raped by him at his residence in December last year, while he was arrested in January. However, the high court had granted him bail on July 10, 2012.
The girl, who tried to kill herself on Tuesday, has been admitted to Goa Medical College and Hospital, where she is said to be in critical condition.
Chief Minister Parrikar told the state Legislative Assembly that the `child might have been under tremendous psychological pressure.`
Parrikar appealed to the school management to inform him about any suspected behaviour of teachers, especially sexually-oriented behaviour towards girl students, so that he can be sacked.
"The school managements should immediately complain about such behavioural patterns. All provisions would be used to sack the teacher," Parrikar said adding that the students should not be allowed to go residences of the teacher for extra classes.
He said that the explanation has also been sought as to how the teacher managed to get the bail from the High Court.
"I want to know why the high court gave the bail; whether prosecution failed to provide any evidence," Parrikar said.
The chief minister also said that the high court would be requested to appoint a full-time judge for the children`s court, so that, such cases can be prosecuted expeditiously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- This SCARY video will give you goosebumps: Ghost follows man into taxi - WATCH
- Withdraw MPIC land pooling notification, demand YSRC, Left
- Sheena Bora murder case: Khanna wasn't present during crime, his alibi, lawyers say
- Dengue cases jump to 90 in Delhi, 40 cases last week
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him