Goa Govt to decide handing over police-drug dealer nexus case
Panaji: Goa government may decide on handing
over the police-drug peddler case to CBI by Thursday evening,
Chief Minister Digamber Kamat said today.
"I have not seen the file. Probably, they will put up the
file this evening," Kamat told reporters here.
He said that the file will have to go through entire
process which includes referring it to directorate of
Kamat said he has to discuss the matter with state home
minister and chief secretary before commenting on the issue.
Goa Bench of Bombay High Court on Wednesday had asked the
prosecution to cross check with the state government whether
the drug peddler police nexus case would be handed over to
The court has fixed the next hearing on Friday.
The bench was hearing bail petition filed by Ashish
Shirodkar, a police inspector, who was amongst the seven
policemen arrested for their alleged links with drug barons
operating in the state.
Seven policemen were arrested after an Israeli drug
dealer Yaniv Benaim alias Atala confessed on a spy cam about
his links with Goa police.
Atala had claimed that Police Inspector Ashish Shirodkar
was supplying him drugs, seized by ANC during various raids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez