Goa Govt to seek daily hearing in minor rape case
Panaji: The Goa government will move the
state bench of Bombay High Court seeking its intervention to
hold hearing on the Russian minor case by the lower court on
"Efforts are on to have the case being put on fast
track. Once chargesheet is filed, the justice should be
delivered quickly," state Chief Secretary Sanjiv Srivastava
told reporters this afternoon.
Nine-year-old Russian girl, who was holidaying in the
state with her mother, was allegedly raped on January 26 by
Aman Bharadwaj at Arambol beach.
The accused was arrested from Chembur in suburban
Mumbai within 72 hours. The chargesheet was filed by the state
police within a fortnight.
Representatives from police, tourism and social
welfare ministries had attended a high-level meeting held by
Home Minister Ravi Naik today.
"The meet took stock of the investigations of two rape
cases against the Russian women in the state reported in last
few months," Srivastava said.
"It was resolved that not just Russian minor rape case
but all the cases related to child sexual abuse should be put
on fast track," the Chief Secretary said.
Goa Children`s court is hearing the case thrice a
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?