Goa govt to speed up filling of vacant ST posts
Panaji: Goa government has put on fast-track the process of filling vacant government posts, reserved for Scheduled Tribes (ST) in various departments.
State Tribal Welfare Minister Ramesh Tawadkar said there were 1,670 vacancies, which had piled up over the last few years.
"There was a fear that government might de-reserve these vacancies, which would be an injustice to the ST community," he said.
Tawadkar held meeting with senior bureaucrats yesterday asking various government departments to give the details of backlog of the ST vacancies pending with them.
"A deadline of three months has been set. Within that period, all the vacancies should be filled," the minister said.
United Tribal Alliance Association (UTAA), an umbrella organisation of the tribal associations, had demanded immediate filling of these vacant posts, which would solve the grave issue of unemployment.
The erstwhile Digambar Kamat government had initiated a special drive to fill these posts reserved for ST, but could employ only 35 people, Tawadkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena