Goa govt to speed up filling of vacant ST posts
Panaji: Goa government has put on fast-track the process of filling vacant government posts, reserved for Scheduled Tribes (ST) in various departments.
State Tribal Welfare Minister Ramesh Tawadkar said there were 1,670 vacancies, which had piled up over the last few years.
"There was a fear that government might de-reserve these vacancies, which would be an injustice to the ST community," he said.
Tawadkar held meeting with senior bureaucrats yesterday asking various government departments to give the details of backlog of the ST vacancies pending with them.
"A deadline of three months has been set. Within that period, all the vacancies should be filled," the minister said.
United Tribal Alliance Association (UTAA), an umbrella organisation of the tribal associations, had demanded immediate filling of these vacant posts, which would solve the grave issue of unemployment.
The erstwhile Digambar Kamat government had initiated a special drive to fill these posts reserved for ST, but could employ only 35 people, Tawadkar added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth